Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Advance Copy Arrives!!

Let me tell you about my day. I got an message from Meghan, the photographer for Sewing with Oilcloth saying that she got a copy of our book, totally exciting!!! Her kids are squealing with glee because they are there on the pages of a book. Tee hee!!! I love that. So I knew that the books were in Richmond!

So, I spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for Mr. UPS. I swept the porch, I watered all the plants, and I paced the sidewalks. Finally, around 2:30 I heard his big truck pull around the corner. I could have died when he stopped off at a neighbors first. Not today? Then he waves to me and gets back in the truck. Definitely not today!!! But he moves up two whole spaces and gives me my boxes. Really? You just had to move the truck 15 feet? Are you messing with me or what?
Mr UPS is thinking, "What could be so important that you have to take my photo?" He was happier for me (with me) once he knew what was inside the boxes!! Yay!!!
 I am surprised I didn't cut myself I was shacking as I opened up the box!!!
 OMG!!!
I made it for you, I hope you like it!!! 
 I didn't get just one book, I got a bunch of them!!!
 The back was a surprise! Last time I saw the back cover it didn't have a photo. I love it!
 Look Mom, it's my name!!!
The wonderful people at Wiley helped make these pretty illustrations and finessed my words so you can make all my projects with ease. They rock!!
Meghan McSweeney took some really lovely photos for you! Aren't they lovely?

5 comments:

Sharon Pernes said...

What a great day! Congrats on your book.

Autumn VanGunten said...

It looks great! Can't wait to get my own copy!

Autumn VanGunten said...

It looks great! Can't wait to get my own copy!

Unknown said...

Tee hee hee!! This has to be one of the most AWESOME days . . ever! It looks fabulous!! Congrats Kelly!!

Sarah Beth said...

I met you last year at the Country Living fair and loved your booth and have been following your blog since...can't wait to see your book!! It looks so fun!!