Saturday, January 3, 2009

Herbes de Provence

I have a new recipe book, The Weight Watchers Momentum Cookbook. As I flip through it, I see a lot of recipes that call for Herbes de Provence. This was something that my girlfriend Suzanne found at a garden show years ago, and we bought a small package of it and fell in love. The next year I made up a big batch to give a holiday gifts for my posse. Here is a similar recipe that I found online. Today's chore (no chore at all) will be to whip up a new batch and to get cooking!

Recipe for Herbes de Provence.

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons dried savory
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons dried, crushed lavender
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon dried sage 1 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
Preparation:
Stir the herbs together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.

Yield a bit less than one cup.

For those who need "an easy peasy-from the spice cabinet-in a hurry version" Rachel Ray had this...

2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence or dried parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, combined.

I will have to make both versions today since I need to dry the lavender and the rosemary. Off to my very cold garden for some clippings.

1 comment:

Sloane's Creations said...

Happy New Year Kelly
Love your blog...so I am awarding you.:o) http://sloanestuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/im-kreativ-blogger.html