Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Legal!


Back in September I switched Modern June from a sole proprietorship to an LLC, I have wanted to do this ever since we (Dawn, Nicole, and I) attended a S.C.O.R.E. presentation about a year ago. Well, this week I finally wrapped up all the other details that needed doing. I have a new EIN number, State Tax ID Number and a NEW business license! Dawn and I both needed to hit City Hall so she got a shot of me walking out of the office all "legaled" up! I am legit... city, state, and country. And we took the kids up to the fabulous observation deck while we were there.

It's funny and sad. I have been worrying about all this for five long months and in the end it only took me about 2 1/2 hours to complete the last leg of the project. I'm sure if you added up all the time I spent worrying about this legal stuff, it would equal a lot more than the 2 hours it took me to actually do it.

My only New Years Resolution for 2009 is to do things right away. Don't just worry and procrastinate about it all... JUST DO IT! If applied to every aspect of life, one could really kick it!

A special thanks for my buddy in crafty biz, Dawn, for supporting me and gently nudging me along the way! Your the best!