Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tuscan Chicken Birthday Dinner


CIMG7380.JPG, originally uploaded by ModernJune.

You must try this recipe that Martha sent me last week! It is so super yummy! You can get the recipe over at Martha's place, Grilled Tuscan Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon. I coupled it with a light green salad, St. Louis potatoes and grilled garlic toast.

I had fun making the herbed butter for the toast earlier that day. I picked some fresh rosemary, basil and thyme, chopped it up with some minced garlic, and whipped it into some softened butter. I then put it into the fridge until grill time! It's just so easy-peasy yet so yum!

The St. Louis Potatoes are also simple and delish! Just cut up some new potatoes and a big ol' onion, then mix in herbs and butter. Season with salt and pepper. I prepared the potatoes ahead of time by cutting them up and soaking them till right before I left for the pool. Next just throw it all in a few layers of foil, seal it tight and throw it on the grill. Please don't ask me how long to cook it, I really don't know! I put the potatoes on first and cook them until their almost completely done, and them move them to the side to let them keep steaming while I cook the meat.

One of my costume friends used to make this dish while we all worked for the St. Louis Opera. We all lived in a high rise apartment with a great roof top patio. The patio had grills, tables and a super view of the Arch. We would all bring a dish to share, some beer and enjoy the sunset! Good times!

No comments: