Wednesday, July 2, 2008

YUMMY CUPCAKE APRONS!!!


YUMMY CUPCAKE APRONS!!!, originally uploaded by ModernJune.


How yummy are these? Do you like June's new dress? Very Modern June, don't you think?

Okay, here is a weird story about the word "yummy" and how I started using it...

When Don and I were married, we lived in the DC area where I made my living as a freelance costumer. I worked in all of the DC theaters (Arena Stage, Wolf Trap Opera, National Shakespeare), and I worked on as many movies as I could. In between the big jobs I did alterations and special projects. One of these special projects was for Patch Adams, Doctor and Clown. I added some pockets to one of his Doctor jackets that already had dozens of pockets (some were even waterproof pockets). When I met with him for his fitting, he kept calling everything YUMMY. I thought that was a very silly way of describing a garment, but it stuck! Here I am 13 years later calling my cupcake aprons YUMMY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kelly, these are fabulous!

RetroRugrats said...

Reminiscent of June Cleaver scooping up cones for the boys, but with a modern twist...LOL! Love them! And what a fun story to go along with your name for them.

Home ec new Haven said...

You are the queen of scalloped edges! They are always perfect.

Vintage Grace said...

So sweet! I love these VERY much. AND I love you, too!!! hehehe